Wednesday, May 14, 2014

First Kinda Sorta Mother's Day

I hope everyone had an awesome Mother's Day. I know I did. This year I really didn't know if I celebrate Mother's Day with the whole sha--bang or wait until next year.

My husband and I met his family at our home church, and when Pastor Johnny told all the mothers to stand to receive their gift, I stayed seated. That was...until my sweet mother-in-law, Melanie, nudged me up. I got a sweet little devotional that made my heart so happy.

After church we headed over to my Nanny's house to celebrate with her and my Momma. Her favorite color is yellow, so I thought a bag basket full of sunshine would be perfect. My sister and I included some of her favorite things: Lays potato chips, lemon heads, garden gloves, a candle... any cute little happy that was yellow we threw in there.


To my surprise my mom, step-dad, and sister gave me my first Mother's Day present. I got a beautiful baby footprint necklace and a sweet card.

After I opened my gift Matthew, my husband, handed me two envelopes. I immediately started crying so hard that I had to wait until later in private to open the sweetest card I've ever read. He got me a prenatal massage. Y'all, I really don't know what I did to deserve him. He is the absolute best and I  love him fiercely.

After presents tears and lunch, we headed to my in-laws house. There we celebrated her with a cute monogrammed beach towel and a straw fedora. She can rock those hats like no ones business. I went with the beach theme because we are going on a family beach trip this August!

Melanie surprised me with yet another gift, a mom charm to go on my Pandora bracelet. So sweet.

Here are a few pics from the weekend.

Me and my sister Kinsey


The most handsome husband after gifts... He doesn't know what to do with me.

Kinsey, Me, Momma, Nanny


Me, Mom, Kinsey


So sweet


Andrew(oldest brother), Matthew, Melanie(the best mother-in-law), Josh(older brother), Megan(older sister)


Hope you all had an awesome Mother's Day; I can't wait until next year when I get to spend it with my little guy!

1 comment: