Thursday, May 1, 2014

16 Weeks



How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain: 1 lb....According to my doctor, I've lost a pound since last month, but no worries! Baby is perfect, and doctor said as long as there is weight gain by next month...I wont be in trouble :)  Maternity clothes? Yes, be so jealous of my awesome sister-in-laws. They have provided me with all the maternity clothes my little heart could desire. With the weather, my favorite right now are black gap maternity capris (they have a demi panel) and any cute top I can wear with my gold sandals. 
Stretch marks? So far so good. I lather up with belly butter every night! Also, I heard your mother can be a strong predictor of what you will end up looking like, and luckily my mom got off stretch mark free. Fingers crossed!
Sleep: Oh how I miss sleep so much! I used to be one of those people who could sleep anywhere at any time of the day, and stay asleep hours and hours. That all came to an abrupt halt a week before I got the two pink lines on a stick. I sincerely hope it returns soon.
Best moment this week: Hearing our sweet baby's heart beat at our 16 week appointment. Finally deciding on a condo for our family vacation this summer. Celebrating my sweet husbands birthday. Finishing up some of my finals! Only one more to go!
Miss Anything? Sleep. Lord how I miss sleeping. Starbucks/Morning Coffee and Coke/Mt Dew. When I found out I was pregnant, I cut out all caffeine. My husband is not human and only drinks water, so it makes it easier...since it is never in the house. I've been having dreams about drinking caffeine drinks though ha ha :)     
Movement:  Nothing yet. Anytime you're ready baby!
Food cravings: This is kinda weird odd. I love any and everything that is cold. Ice cream, salad, fruit in the fridge, chicken salad. You name it. If its it cold...I want it.       
Symptoms:  I've really been lucky this pregnancy so far. God has totally been looking out for me. I haven't experienced any "real" symptoms. No sleep and tender tah-tahs the first couple of weeks has been about it.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really.
Labor Signs: No
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I really would like to put happy...however, that wouldn't be 100% honest. I am a happy girl. I have been blessed beyond belief. I wouldn't say I'm moody...I'd go with emotional. I cry more than I don't cry. I thought my sister sounded like a puppy when she was breathing, so I cried. It has nothing to do with being sad or extreme feeling. The water works come extremely frequently for me. Poor Matthew ha ha 
Looking forward to:  Finishing up my semester, and deciding on a baby name! Who knew naming a tiny human could be so difficult. I can't wait to start painting watching the nursery come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment