Thursday, July 10, 2014

Must haves during your 1st Trimester

Being in my last week of my second trimester, I went back reminiscing. This pregnancy has flown by! I thought I would compile a list of things that I felt were absolutely essential to have during those first weeks. 

1. Prenatal Vitamins. I am a child and got the gummy ones. Don't put off buying them, and taking them. I'm pretty sure your doctor might even give you free samples. It is so important to help you and your sweet bundle stay healthy. P.S. I was taking prenatals as my daily vitamins months before conceiving. 
2. Cocoa Butter... I know they say stretch marks is a hereditary thing, but rubbing my belly and tah-tahs down made me feel better. This is the exact kind I use. I used the actual pregnancy belly butter stuff that comes in a much smaller bottle for a whole lot more, and I really like this kind better. It isn't as thick; it doesn't leave you greasy (I HATE that); it smells like vacation. I'm terrible about remembering to do this kinda thing, so I wanted to start early so I would be in the habit of doing it when I got bigger. Regardless if you think this has no control over stretch marks or not.... when you start getting bigger, your belly will itch as it grows, so it's a good idea to stay moisturized.
3. I have never dealt with acne, so when my cheeks were covered I panicked. I am not a fan of washing my face in the sink. I'd like to call a bull on the commercials with the smiling girls rinsing their face. Yeah right. I end up irritated with a flood around my bathroom sink. These are my favorites. Even without acne, they are a great makeup remover.
4. The famous belly band. This is nice for that awkward in between stage. Where you don't look pregnant pregnant just bloated, and your jeans wont zip. The nice thing about the belly band is you can fold it down when you aren't very big. I got mine at Target.
 5. A night light. Seriously. Buy one. This little guy has served me well the past 26 weeks. I keep mine in the bathroom, and I leave the bathroom door open. When you get up for the 15th time that night, the last thing you want to do is run into the dresser, and then get your booty wet when you fall in because you couldn't see that your precious hubby left the toilet seat up. I really wanted to put this as number one. It is that crucial.
 6. If you have all day morning sickness, I am terribly sorry. I really got lucky and haven't been sick once in 26 weeks. I know, you hate me. Regardless, there were times when I got a little queasy. These always did the trick for me. My ob recommended them in the very beginning to help with morning sickness, if I ever got it. I think it has something to do with the tartness.
 7. WATER BOTTLE. You are supposed to drink a lake a day and it is always easier when you have something cute to drink it out of. I do better drinking out of a straw, so I made sure I got a big cute tumbler with a straw and kept refilling that bad boy.

This was my first trimester in a nutshell. Hope this helps you!

No comments:

Post a Comment